Versions and Migrations
You can now edit prices on your plans and efficiently roll out pricing across your customer base with unmatched control and flexibility.
With versions, you can:
- Maintain different versions of pricing: Create new versions of a plan when you make a price change. Mark a version as default so that all new subscriptions in the webapp or API get created on the latest version. And never change pricing on customers by accident.
- Quickly see who is on which version: Get clear on different pricing structures and billable metrics across versions. See how many customers are on your current vs legacy pricing and drill down to see a history of changes.
- Keep customers on legacy pricing: Honor contractual commitments and renewal cycles. Keep the right customers on old versions of pricing; price changes don’t need to be all-or-nothing.
With migrations, you can:
- Migrate pricing in bulk: It doesn’t matter if the price change impacts a few customers or hundreds of thousands. Just select which ones you want to move over to your new plan, and which version you want them to use. All in one simple flow.
- Schedule price changes in advance: Set price changes to start immediately, on a future date, or at the end of a term. Orb can even automatically migrate price change dates according to a customer’s billing cycle.
- Use webhooks to power your workflows: Orb’s webhooks make price changes powerful. Get notified when a price change occurs to trigger a customer email or update an internal system when a migration is scheduled.