Copy billable metric to live mode
Billable metrics can now be copied from test mode to live mode! This makes it easy to experiment with your event shape and metric definition in test mode, then copy the metric to live mode and start using it in real plans. You can find this action on the billable metric list and detail pages.
A safer, more predictable subscription creation flow
Orb's goal is to give you the tools to confidently and accurately send invoices to your customers.
When your plan has a fixed fee that will immediately invoice your customer, you can preview the totals on this invoice to ensure that you've set up your subscription properly. Now, Orb will provide a preview of this invoice reflecting any overrides and billing terms you've configured, leading to a more predictable and safer subscription setup experience.
New home page widgets
We've made several changes to the Orb home page to provide actionable information at a glance.
- New visualizations of revenue broken down by plan and billable metric
- An additional widget showing recently created subscriptions, grouped by plan
- Instead of a top grossing customers widget, we've added failed and past due invoices widget in order to better track your outstanding receivables
Manual invoice actions available from the Orb web app
Manual actions are now available on invoices! These include:
- Manually marking as paid (e.g. for out-of-band payments, such as those handled with wire instructions in the memo)
- Manually marking as void (for incorrectly-issued invoices)
- Retrying finalization (for invoices that failed to sync or issue due to missing information, such as missing mappings or a missing address with automated tax calculations)
We’ve also moved "Settings" to its own page at the bottom of the sidebar, to make space for additional upcoming configuration functionality. Watch this space!